Letter from the International President: Curtis Jamieson
Greetings Saints and Friends,
“This is who we are, this is what we do!” Chances are that if you’ve ever heard me speak you have heard me make that statement. But what does this really mean? If you are a member of the Heaven’s Saints Motorcycle Ministry, it could mean a lot of things to you. What it should mean is that:
1) You are a born again Christian, that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and have dedicated your life to Him and doing what He calls you to do.
2) That Jesus has allowed you somewhere along the line to hear about the vision that he gave Barry Mayson many years ago to help make this world a better place, by going out and sharing that vision and telling folks that Jesus is the answer to whatever problems they may have. That He has put a desire in your heart to become part of this ministry and work through it for HIM and that HE has called you to be a part of this ministry.
3) That every day when you get up, in your prayers, you ask Jesus, most especially if you are an HSMM BOD or Officer, to help you make decisions about the ministry that will Glorify Him and help move His vision for HSMM forward in His way.
4) You should be able to “Talk the Talk”. Which means you should get and stay rooted in the His Word so that you can lead people to Jesus. You should read Barry Mayson’s book and all the literature about HSMM and know what this ministry, that you are a member of, is all about so that you can share that vision with a passion also.
5) You should always “Walk the Walk”. Now I know we are human, but as people especially in this day and time with all the technology, we should be conscience of how we act and what we say. I’m not saying be fake! We are Christians - love, understanding, compassion, reactions to situations in a kind and helpful matter should become second nature to us if it is not already. We should be willing to look for the good in everyone and when we see the bad, don’t judge, talk to JESUS about it. We must “watch our witness”. We must everyday in every way strive to be more like Jesus and handle situations like He would have us to do. Now sometimes we are gonna fall flat on our face and make mistakes, but that is where the Grace, Love, and Mercy comes in. Jesus is right there every time to take our hand, help us up, dust us off, and help us get back on the right track.
6) Salvation is free, Jesus paid the price for us, but we are still expected to do our part. Sometimes we will have to make sacrifices of time, money, efforts and other things to be a part of His people and His ministry, but the rewards are so much greater than the sacrifices. Seeing the life of someone change when you lead them to the Lord, praying with someone and knowing that the prayer made a difference for them, hearing a small thank you and a look of unbelief when you randomly buy a stranger a cup of coffee, having a fund raiser and knowing that Jesus is blessing someone through our small efforts, these and so many other small things that we can do for others are all such special gifts from the Lord. Awwww, but the ultimate gift, the gift He paid for - when we leave this world, we will be spending an eternity in Heaven with HIM. NOW THAT IS SOMETHING TO GET EXCITED ABOUT PEOPLE. GET OUT THERE AND WORK FOR HIM WITH JOY, LOVE AND PASSION. Take a good look around you, time is running out and people are being left behind.
As always, you are all in my prayers. We love and appreciate you all and have been blessed beyond measure by serving with you in this ministry. As we continue to serve Jesus in the HSMM, we are so excited to see what He has in store for us this upcoming year! Please don’t hesitate to call if you need me for anything. (Ephesians 6: 10-18)
Curtis - firstname.lastname@example.org
Barry Mayson: Hell's Angel To Heaven's Saint
To see this video in it's entirety "Click Here"
Till we see you again our brother.
Charles "Barry" Mayson Sr. "Graduated to be with Jesus." Jesus was his passion. Mr. Charles "Barry" Mayson Sr., age 63, Jonesborough, passed away Wednesday, July 4, 2007, at his residence. Mr. Mayson was a native of Atlanta, Georgia, and son of the late Bennie Mays Mayson Jr. and Mary Elizabeth Carr Mayson. He was a US Army Veteran, having served in Korea. Mr. Mayson was the founder of Heaven's Saints Motorcycle Ministry. He was also founder of Barry Mayson Outreach, which has been in operation for 31 years.